Saturday, October 21, 2017

Sleeping on the Couch

We weren't fighting. We were just having an enthusiastic discussion about money from different points of view. We're both squirrels when it comes to money. We even have an app called Acorns to help us save, you should check it out. But anyway...

We might both be squirrels, but we're still very different. Josh is the kind of squirrel who saves some nuts and eats them all winter. When Spring comes all his nuts are gone and he's a happy little critter. I'm the kind of squirrel who hides piles of nuts all over the place, spends the winter admiring the nut collection and then starves to death leaving the nuts for other squirrels to find.

The point is, these two squirrels are trying to find some happy medium here. Neither squirrel wants to starve. 

The enthusiastic discussion left me with lots on my mind. And I couldn't sleep. I wasn't mad at spendy squirrel. But nothing is more infuriating than watching someone hibernate when your brain is going 100 miles per hour. I tried sleeping on the couch, then with Silas and finally on the futon in the toy room. I think the amount of sleep I got that night could be measured in minutes rather than hours.

Here's what I'm really getting at...
Why can men saw logs through any circumstances? How do their brains just turn off? Do their thoughts just stop? I think they have a hidden switch somewhere, and I wish I had one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment