Thursday, October 26, 2017

I Saved You Some

On the 100th day of school Jackson made a 100 piece snack. It was a trail mix of many delights. When he got into the car after school that day, I'd guess he still had 75 pieces left in a bag.

Like every other day, he was excited to share his remaining snack with Silas. On the way to pick-up his brother, Jackson told me all about his wonderful snack, while eating it.

There's Fruit Loops, crunch, crunch. And Marshmallows. And pretzels, crunch, crunch. He was just as excited about how they made it as he was about eating it. I looked back and saw that he was down to about 50 pieces. So I said, "Hey, I thought you were saving some of that for Silas?" And he said, "I am!"

Jackson continued to tell me about his day and munch on his snack all the way to daycare to pick-up Silas. It's not a super long drive, but I was starting to wonder if any of the snack would be left when we got there. Crunch, crunch...

Jackson starts telling Silas all about the 100th day snack the second we walk into the classroom. And he told Silas that he saved him some. Such a nice brother!

By the time I get the boys in their car seats, Jackson opens up the bag of the remaining snack and there was only one piece of Chex cereal left. One square. Jackson spared him a square! And too my disbelief, Jackson says, "Here Silas," and he bites the single piece of Chex cereal in half and gives him the rest. HALF A PIECE OF CEREAL!! Out of exactly 100 pieces of trail mix! And Silas says, "Mmm, thanks Jackson!"


No comments:

Post a Comment