Monday, April 9, 2012

Got Milk?


God gave me big knockers. But for some reason he forgot to put build in the functionality needed for breastfeeding. I wish these tatas had come with some kind of warning label. You know, like the little sticker on a beach ball that says “This is not a flotation device.” Mine would say “For decoration only.”

I’m still trying. I was really set on the idea of breastfeeding Jackson. I even tried to get a personal refrigerator at work so my boob juice could be stored away from everyone’s lunch. I’m pretty sure this is no longer necessary. I mean really, who could be scared of a few teaspoons of breastmilk?

For now the mantra is “Try, try again.” I’ll keep giving it my best until I can’t look at another bowl of oatmeal and the girls just shrivel up and die. Just like the Birth Plan lesson I had to learn the hard way…not everything goes according to plan. On the plus side, Josh not having boobs is no longer a disadvantage at feeding time.

No comments:

Post a Comment