Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hot Hot Hot

In high school I was making Jalapeno Bread for Spanish class when I managed to get pepper in my eye - I'm awesome like that. My mom had me bent over backwards in the kitchen sink yanking my eyeballs open. I thought for sure I had gone blind. Which brings me to my next story...

We took a stab at gardening this year (written in 2011 but not previously posted). My contribution has been occasional watering and routinely pulling out Josh's jalapeno plant every few weeks because I think it's just another weed.  Somehow one jalapeno plant survived and made a few little pepper guys for us to enjoy.

Despite my advice, Chef Josh did a poor job washing his hands after chopping jalapenos two days in a row. The first incident lead him to a cold shower! The second time he just scratched his back side and lit a real fire under his ass. And of course...I somehow managed to get it in my eye again thanks to his tainted kitchen towel.

Consider this our Public Service Announcement: Use jalapenos with caution. Wear eye protection and don't scratch anything valuable.

1 comment: