Wednesday, August 2, 2017

He Drank Too Much

My old college roommate and I have been reunited. She moved to Louisiana about 12 years ago and now we're only four hourss from each other. We made plans to go back to school shopping at the outlet mall somewhat between our homes. But instead, I booked a cabin in Pensacola and it only took one quick text message to convince her to come along. We're back to our old shenanigans.

We hit the beach hard! Jackson and Silas' swim lessons are really paying off. The two of them were real naturals on the hand-me-down boogie boards Josh bought for $5. They had a blast swimming. Silas was having so much fun he couldn't stop smiling, or laughing, or drinking the ocean. He drank the whole ocean!

It became obvious just how much ocean he drank the next morning. Of course he had a tummy ache. He also managed to blow seawater and algae out his butt and into his swim trunks four times before lunch. He made it to the bathroom once; just the once.

On the way home he spewed a tidal wave of vomit all over the back seat. A sea of Gatorade and lunchmeat. Hot, pink meat and most of the Gulf of Mexico. He spent the rest of the 4 hour drive home holding a large Subway cup over his face, just in case. Poor guy.



Just when I thought he was out of the woods and feeling better he gave me quite the scare. I went to wake him up for daycare and he wasn't in his bed! I said, "Silas?" And there was no answer. My heart skipped a beat before I found him in the bathroom, asleep. On the floor. Curled up on the bath mat. Half behind the toilet. With his face on the cold tile floor. Holding his Subway barf cup. Like a tiny little drunk. I guess he drank too much (ocean).




No comments:

Post a Comment