Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mexican Pile

I know how much some of you enjoy my cooking style. So, like One Big Nacho, I bring you the Mexican Pile. My food isn't fancy. It's just tasty stuff that's easy to make with whatever you have laying around. I cook like a mom.

1 Box of Spanish Rice (prepare as directed)
1 lb ground beef (brown and season with a taco seasoning packet - or whatever you normally use on taco night)
1 can refried beans
1 can enchalada sauce
Shredded cheese (pick whatever variety you like. I don't measure this stuff. I'm convinced a whole bag is the right amount for any recipe)

Cook the rice and put it in a casserole dish. Layer the seasoned beef on top. Mix the beans with 1/2 can of enchalada sauce and spread it over the beefy goodness in the casserole dish. Pour the rest of the enchalada sauce over everything and top with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes - just don't burn the cheese.

You can top it with taco goodies on your plate, eat it like a nacho dip or just dig in with a spoon. If you find my directions are incomplete or confusing - just go with your gut and wing it. I don't think you can screw up any recipe that has the word Pile in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment