Friday, July 22, 2011

One Big Nacho

Sometime you have to be creative. Aside from a failed attempt at Stuffed Peppers and one Shit on Shingles disaster, I'm usually not a bad cook. Whether there's nothing in the cupboards or just a boat load of left overs I can find something edible.

Today we had One Big Nacho. It all started with a backyard party that resulted in an extra bag of chips and a heap of left over hamburgers. Aunt Laurie gave me the Mexican inspiration and the rest was intuition.

I called my dad to tell him my game plan. "First I covered the bottom of the dish in broken corn chips. Then there was a layer of hamburgers with some Rotel and taco sauce. I covered it in cheese sauce and some more cheese. Then more chips, some more cheese and taco sauce. It's just One Big Nacho!" We both laughed so hard I cried.

I expected Josh would say, "You don't have to make this again." But he kind of liked it! His only suggestion was to try chicken next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment